ABOUT YEONJE-GU HISTORY

HISTORY

HISTORY
HISTORY
HISTORY
HISTORY
HISTORY
HISTORY

Yeonje-gu, which is located in the middle of Busan, was a governing place of Geochilsanguk after the Samhan period. According to “Samguksagi”, Silla sent a general named “ Geodo” during the reign of its 4th King Talhae and occupied and annexed the area. And a record names it as Geochilsan-gun, which was governed in the 6th year of King “Jijeung ”(CE 505). In the 16th year of King “Gyeongdeok” of the Unified Silla Period (CE 757) the local administrative system of Busan changed to Dongnae-gun. Since it belonged to Dongnae-gun, it was changed to Dongnae-hyun in the 9th year of King Hyeonjong of Joseon Dynasty, Dongnae-jin in the 6th year of Joseon's King Taejo, Dongnae-dohobu in the 2nd year of King Myeongjong, Dongnaedohobu-seo myeon in the latter part of the Joseon period.
In January 1957, it belonged to the Dongnae-gu in the “gu” system of Busan-si. On March. 1 of 1995, it was reborn as a new district while separating from Dongnae-gu according to law No. 4802.
The judicial districts are Geoje 1,2,3,and 4 dong and Yeonsan 1,2,3,4,5,6,8, and 9-dong. Yeonje was named after Yeon of Yeonsan-dong and Je of Geoje-dong.

  • Mar. 1, 1995

  • Yeonje-gu was separated from Dongnae-gu. Opened Yeonje-gu officially { Law No. 4802(Dec. 22, 1994) }
  • Dec. 1, 1985

  • Separated Yeonsan 8-dong into Yeonsan 8,9-dong (City of Busan Ordinance No. 2095)
  • Sept. 1, 1982

  • Separated Yeonsan 8-dong into Yeonsan 1,8-dong (City of Busan Ordinance No. 1757)
  • Aug. 8, 1979

  • Separated Geoje 3-dong into Geoje 3,4,-dong, Yeonsan 3-dong into Yeonsan3,6-dong, Yeonsan 4-dong into Yeonsan 4,7-dong(City of Busan Ordinance No.1360)
  • Oct. 1, 1975

  • Separated Yeonsan 2-dong into Yeonsan 2,5-dong(City of Busan Ordinance No. 810)
  • July. 1, 1970

  • Separated Geoje-dong into Geoje 1,2,3-dong, Yeonsan2-dong into Yeonsan2,4-dong
  • Jan. 1, 1966

  • Separated Yeonsan2-dong into Yeonsan 2,3-dong
  • Jan. 1, 1957

  • Promoted Dongnae local office into Dongnae-gu
  • Aug. 15, 1949

  • Change Busan-bu into Busan-si
  • Oct. 1, 1946

  • Busan-bu, Dongnae Local Office, Yeonsan 1-dong, Yeonsan 2-dong, Geoje-dong
  • Apr. 1, 1914

  • Estabilished Dongnae-gun(all of Gijang and part of Yangsan)
  • Oct. 1, 1910

  • Changed the name “Dongnae-bu” into the “Busan bu”(Bu ordinance No.7, declared on Oct. 1, 1910)
  • May. 1, 1895

  • Estabilished Dongnae-bu(Imperial order No. 98 declared on May 26, 1895)
  • 13th year of Gojong(1 876), Chosun Dynasty

  • Open Busan Port
  • 16th year of YoungJo(1740), Chosun Dynasty

  • Geobeol-ri( former Geoje-ri, Yeonsan-dong), Daejo-ri, at below of Dongnae-bu
  • 2nd Year of Myeongjong(1547), Chosun Dynasty

  • Belonged to the Dongnae-bu
  • King Geyeongdeok Period(742-765), Silla

  • Belonged to the Dongnae-gun
  • 4~6th Century

  • Belonged to the Geochilsanguk or Jangsanguk(Yeonsan group of tombs, Baesan castle ruins)
  • 5the Century BC

  • Excavate stone knife in bronze period in Sajik-dong, Geoje-dong area.